games running slow...

change your game Processes. To Above normal or Realtime

dude1234 said:
hmm i want xp though lol. is that pretty much the same as xp?

I tryed XP Lite before. It was good but it didnt detect my internet card. It mit detect ours but if it doesnt make sure you install Xp lite on a diffrent partion so you can dual boot. It does save so much ram, Ex: 256 = 192MB of free ram

im gonna try installing what i said above first... its creating the new partition now... hmmm... i might also have to try that processes thing after.... installing xp on another partition wont take that long anyway

dude1234 said:
im gonna try installing what i said above first... its creating the new partition now... hmmm... i might also have to try that processes thing after.... installing xp on another partition wont take that long anyway
Yea XP lite will save you so much. It helps my bro's computer when playing Need for speed underground. I bet your going to get like 400Mbs of ram free when you install and run etc

hmmm i could install that on a sep partition and just boot into it whenever i want to play games.... ill get searching on the torrents for it when my new pc finally creates the partition and installs the other xp

ive installed xp pro on this pc... theres no vid or audio drivers so its a bit messed up atm. its running ok though. 450mb ram free and thats with nothing running. i havent installed the games yet. im back on my normal xp now and i set the gta game to real time and it went real funny... went blurry and the compputer froze but the game was still moving.. i just pressed all the keys and got back to the desktop and set it bk to normal and ended it

yea i know but 576 should handle these games fine.. well atleast rct3. ok ive installed xp pro.. disabled loads of things. i get a good 400mb free (ram). ive also set the vid card settings to the lowest for everything. gta runs a tiny bit better... nothing special.. rct3 runs a lot better and is a lot smoother. i might try tweaking this xp ... im not sure yet

man all the time youve spent on the reinstalls and everything, you could have gone out on the streets polish a few dozen shoes. and then gone to staples and bought a $70 video card. :cool:

im skint atm lol. i dont really want to invest in a new card if i get a laptop.... because im not really a hardcore gamer. if i get a decent laptop with a good 128mb card then i dont think ill bother getting a new card.... well i dunno. atm im stuck with this piece of crappo

Back
Top Bottom