which graphics card? Price doesnt matter.

I wouldn't spend alot of money on a vid card right now. Vista will be released in the end of January, together with dx10 and the 1st dx10 games will be out Q1 of 2007. It would suck having a $500 vid card that can't max out the settings... It can still play those games very well, u just can't use any of the dx10 stuff. (meaning that u won't get as nice graphics as people with dx10 cards do)

clandestinex337 said:
Ok, so im looking to upgrade my 6800 Ultra to something better. Vangaurd is going to be comming out and its going to need a pretty nice machine to run it looking pretty.

Should I get the 7950 GX2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130023

two other cards and STI them?

Again price doesnt really mater, if i want i can buy one card and save for the other and just SLI them then. But yea Please post what vid cards i should get.

THANKS

If money is of NO concern...

7950GX2 in SLI or X1950XTX in Crossfire. Those are your two choices. Personally I'd go with NVIDIA on this one. And don't mind all this "overkill" BS. You want extreme graphics right? Then go with those choices.

BOTH of those are bad choices, wait untill mid november, and get a 8800, its direct x10 combatible, so youll be set for future games.

Yeh I agree with Allenn, wait until the G80 cards come out and you'll certainly have no problems what so ever with games, not that you would with the 7950GX2 or X1950XTX but that way you're future proofed.

Sytheious said:
If money is of NO concern...

7950GX2 in SLI or X1950XTX in Crossfire. Those are your two choices. Personally I'd go with NVIDIA on this one. And don't mind all this "overkill" BS. You want extreme graphics right? Then go with those choices.

You also have to consider what monitors you're running. If you're only gaming and using a single widescreen monitor, you don't need two 7950 GX2's. It's a waste of electricity and power.

Current specs

3800+ X2 Dual Core AMD CPU
1gig of ram
6800 Ultra
LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR

so im going to need an nVidia card, i wont be able to crossfire it with this board.

and for money, i say it doesnt matter because if theres something i want ill save up for it. heh its not like i throw the money out of my pockets i do plan on saving to get the items.

The main reason i want to upgrade my comp is for future games but also Vangaurd is supposed to be really hardware heavy.

Do you REALLY need to SLI 2 7950GX2s? i mean one of them would do you fine for right now man.

like was said before you will probally want to upgrade to a DX10 card in the future.

Back
Top Bottom