Nvidia New GPUs

ownage said:
why a nvidia card? The R600 projected specs are going to murder the 8800GTX

nvidia just seems ... friendlier? to most people... light green vs. red? yeah lol, i dunno, nvidia is just more popular for most people because of it's affordability shown through the prices for the 7600gt lately i guess. but yeah, my next card is probably going to end up being an ATI.

The reason being is that ATi already has a unified shader gpu in mass production. Its the gpu in the Xbox360. This gives ATi the upper hand in the unified shader portion for their gpus. The R600 is going to have 64 real pipes, 512-bit EXTERNAL and INTERNAL bus, and GDDR4 projected to run at 2000mhz+

ownage said:
The reason being is that ATi already has a unified shader gpu in mass production. Its the gpu in the Xbox360. This gives ATi the upper hand in the unified shader portion for their gpus. The R600 is going to have 64 real pipes, 512-bit EXTERNAL and INTERNAL bus, and GDDR4 projected to run at 2000mhz+

By the time or shortly after ati releases it, nvidia will already have a new gpu out.

Yeah, I'd wait as well for the DX10 cards, even if you can't afford Vista. You can still run them in DX9 mode under XP, and they're going to be much faster than current cards, even if they're just running DX9. Like ownage said, "The R600 is going to have 64 real pipes, 512-bit EXTERNAL and INTERNAL bus, and GDDR4 projected to run at 2000mhz+". That pretty much sums up the R600's beastliness, if it comes out to be affordable. You can always make the upgrade to Vista later to utilize the DX10.

that i doubt, maybe a new revision for the 8800GTX, maybe GDDR4 implementation, but i doubt they will release the 8900GTX 4-5 months after they release the 8800GTX. But i know they will not retrace everything to support a 512-bit external bus, doing so will require a new chip and a new design. Nvidia is going to stick with their 384-bit external bus.

EDIT: I was quoting allenn812.

Back
Top Bottom