Whats the bottleneck in this system???

LambOfGod

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, I would like to hear what you think the bottleneck is in this system.

ABIT A7N8 Nforce4 Ultra S939
AMD 64 3200+ S939
4 (512 MB sticks) 2GB total of Corsair XMS DDR400
Sapphire X800 Gto 2 @ X850XT PE speeds w/ 16 Pipes unlocked
Primary drive WD 74 Gig 10,000 RPM Raptor Rev.2
Storage drives 2X WD SE 250 Gig 7,200 RPM 16MB cache (500 GB storage)
Rosewill 550 Watt PSU
NEC 16X DVD+_RW

(system is used for Video editing/ Dvd Burning/ Media Storage/ Medium Gaming Meaning it will be/is used for playing current games on Medium settings / File Storage / Web browsing & Internet apps )

So whats the achillies heel of this thing? Thanks

I would say either the motherboard or the processor. Both of which could use a little upgrading.

Care to elaborate how the system would get a performance boost off a new mobo.

also pointing me to a link would be great

I would say the processor mainly, rest of its fine. Apart from maybe upgrading the mobo to AM2 socket if ya have the money spare

yeah i'd have to agree with raffaz, a new processor (i would say a dual core processor) might speed things up considerably. But get one of the higher end models. Aside from some major changes like almost revamping the whole thing, there is nothing else really to worry about.

the only thing that might limit you is the processor. get a mid-high end X2 core instead and you'll see a leap in performance 4400 X2 and higher probably.

Thats what i was thinking also. Thanks for the input

I wanted a dual core 4400+

any one have any experience with one of there compared to a lower end FX series proc???

or any data they can throw out on it?

Wow there is alot of good info on that site. The Core Duo EX is badass.

the best proc price to performance is the AMD 64 3000+ winchester.

good link :D

Processor :)

I would recommend a Dual Core, maybe a 3800+? Or you could overclock the 3200+, that would help :D

Back
Top Bottom