games running slow...

dude_se

Proper Legend
ive been playing on rct3 and gta sa lately on my pc (check sig) ... i cant remember if i put my graphics card in there but ive attatched a pic. rct3 is on quite low settings and still runs slow. its still playable but it isnt that impressive, its not that new either (the game, my pc should run it fine), SA is also on the lowest setting and isnt as bad but still lags a lot sometimes and this also produces a crackling sound from my speakers (i made a thread on this but i dont think its to do with my router like someone said). any ideas what it could be... oh i downloaded the ceasar 4 demo and that runs ok on my pc but is a bit slow but thats a new game.
33wb4au.jpg

Thats odd. I know I had a problem with SA once. It was a sound problem. All I did was reinstall it and that fixed it right up. If that doesn' work run virus and spyware scanners. You could also try defraging your hd. I don't think that would help but you never know.

I know this is off topis but how did you get your toolbar to look black like that?

i used the uxtheme.dll patch and downloaded a vista theme. ive reinstalled and defragged etc.. even ran rct3 and sa on a clean reformat.. any other ideas...

Well, the onboard Xpress 200 isn't that great to offer nice performance. Also, it is hsaring with the RAM. You get both low memory and the graphics aren't really great.

i know it isnt the best card ever... rct3 only needs a crappy 32mb something or other to run and not much ram so surely that should run well. i still cant figure out why it crackles. ive discovered its mainly when the pc is doing alot of things

i see you have ZoneAlarm installed, along with your xp skins.. ect

have you tried running it with just a fresh XP install and SP2.

also do you have the latest drivers for your Video card, Mobo?

i would look into getting a new video card ASAP as well if you can.

i still have a fair amount or ram left when running. i will try with disabling skins and stuff but ive tried without explorer.exe running and its the same thing... although this card sucks it should still run them surely... i cant upgrade it just yet
oh i still have the drivers from when i brought the pc back in january

dude1234 said:
oh i still have the drivers from when i brought the pc back in january

Do a fresh install w/ sp2

download and install the latest drivers

install the games.

Crank the settings DOWN.

and let us know what happens

ive only just reformatted but might try again tomorrow. the settings are down low and ill try and find some more drivers. oh i downloaded disk keeper pro from somewhere... swiftly moving on, im running that and ill find the drivers and let you know how i get on, before formatting

Back
Top Bottom