which graphics card? Price doesnt matter.

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Ok, so im looking to upgrade my 6800 Ultra to something better. Vangaurd is going to be comming out and its going to need a pretty nice machine to run it looking pretty.

Should I get the 7950 GX2 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130023

two other cards and STI them?

Again price doesnt really mater, if i want i can buy one card and save for the other and just SLI them then. But yea Please post what vid cards i should get.

THANKS

Umm, SLIing that card would most definitely be overkill for anything coming out in the next couple of years.

clandestinex337 said:
No I eaither get that card. Or get two different cards and SLI them.

Oh, ok, I would still get the single card.

SLI still has some quirks I hear but take what I say with a grain of salt because I don't know much about SLI.

CaneBaller said:
u shud check out the X1950xtx very nice card
i think its better than the 7950GX2

The X1950XTX is supposedly better than the 7950GX2, according to the following image, which I found on this thread.

2259_large_ati_radeon_x1950_vendor_supplied.png

I'd highly recommend 1, if not 2, X1950XTX(s) at the moment. Keep in mind that you'd have to run them on a Crossfire board, not SLI, if you decide to get 2. If you've got an SLI board, and need nVidia, 2 7900GTXs would do fine. But if you insist, a 7950GX2 would work, so you could have quad SLI in the future...

But really, it doesn't make much sense to go all-out right now; DX10 cards are coming out in the near future. Then again, you need Vista to support them, but it would be a much better investment if you can wait. You can still run the cards under XP, but it will be running them in DX9 mode. The 6800 Ultra really should get you by until then. The X1950 would be an extremely nice card now, but you'll be kicking yourself in the future when you see the greatness of DX10 and are stuck with a DX9 card. IF there's no way you can possibly wait, I'd go with the X1950XTX.That's my opinion anyways.

clandestinex337 said:
No I eaither get that card. Or get two different cards and SLI them.

When you SLI two cards together, they MUST be of the same model. That means a 7900 GTX with a 7900 GTX. No mix and match.

What is your budget for a video card?

Then he must have a money tree. :p

Please describe the rest of your system. In order to have a fully balanced system, you cannot have a budget CPU paired with a high-end GPU or vice versa. You'll get bottlenecks up the butt.

i have the 7950gx2 and so runs games amazingly. COD2 gets 60fp min up to 150 maxed out AA AF etc. I did have problems with it tho, but those were my fault, ie incorrectly supported mobo, too small psu, so if ur going to buy one make sure u have the right config. Theyre good for oc'ing as well as long as u have good cooling, i can get mine up to 600 core and 1600 mem. I score 8150 in 3dmark 2006, and u can get 12k if u have a core duo cpu.

Back
Top Bottom