Cant formate a secondray hard drive

xxc00lmanxx

In Runtime
Hello i cant install a second hard drive for more space. This is why when ever i go to mycomputer > Manage > storage it tell me " there are no items to show in this view". is there any other way i can install a my hard drive?

Is the hard drive IDE or SATA? IDE cables are gray and are thin and about 2 inches wide. SATA cables are less than an inch wide and are usually red.

Your jumper settings are most likely incorrect. Make sure that the original drive's jumper is set to master and the new drive slave. Many drives will also have a CS (cable select) setting where it will automatically set it up for you.

So this is how i should have my jumpers set up
Master - :::l
Slave - ::l:
Or the other way around becuase this is how i have them set up now.

The jumper settings should be on the hard drive right where the jumper is. If not you can also check the user guide that came with the hd.

if windows is not reconizing it, but BIOS is (which you havn't said if it is or not), open the start menu, then click run. type "diskmgmt.msc" the new drive will appear in there and you can then format it.

celegorm said:
if windows is not reconizing it, but BIOS is (which you havn't said if it is or not), open the start menu, then click run. type "diskmgmt.msc" the new drive will appear in there and you can then format it.

Or ya can get to this from start > control panel > performance & maintenance > admin tools > comp managemnet then select disk management in left pane

Back
Top Bottom