PSP vs. DS

I would take the DS over a PSP in a heart beat. The psp is might be better for homebrew.. but eh, I don't care. The games suck, the load times suck, the screen is very fragile, and the battery life sucks. DS Lite FTW!

the batt life is ok on the psp if you use isos instead of umds, same with the load times, there are some good retail games and the homebrew scene has the remaining good games. the screen isnt really fragile, i havent broken mine yet and i chuch my psp around everywhere, although its still in good condition.

alvino said:
Oh and the PSP doesn't look as secksey as the DS Lite! ;).

Well good luck playing music and videos on the DS ;)

dude1234 said:
the batt life is ok on the psp if you use isos instead of umds, same with the load times, there are some good retail games and the homebrew scene has the remaining good games. the screen isnt really fragile, i havent broken mine yet and i chuch my psp around everywhere, although its still in good condition.

yea I drop my PSP on the floor many times and nothing happen yet. If anything happens than I got my other PSP to replace (Its 2.8) or I can just take the parts out of 2.8 PSP and replace them with my 2.71SE-A PSP

X1337 said:
Well good luck playing music and videos on the DS ;)

Thank you, Captain Fanboy! :rolleyes: If you would read my ENTIRE post, I did say that they have their own uses. They are designed for different markets, so before you start babbling in fanboy, please think about the big picture. Have a nice day! :)

alvino said:
Like I said, they're both designed for different uses. The PSP is good for multimedia uses and the DS for innovative and creative games that use both screens. So please stop with the fanboyism. :rolleyes:

Oh and the PSP doesn't look as secksey as the DS Lite! ;) I like the 16:9 screen though.

Provided for your convenience. Sorry if I'm being an asshole, but you're getting annoying and you keep saying the same things over and over about the PSP.

alvino said:
Thank you, Captain Fanboy! :rolleyes: If you would read my ENTIRE post, I did say that they have their own uses. They are designed for different markets, so before you start babbling in fanboy, please think about the big picture. Have a nice day! :)

Provided for your convenience. Sorry if I'm being an asshole, but you're getting annoying and you keep saying the same things over and over about the PSP.
alvino watch this

alvino I love PSP, you can run custom firmwires. hacked games off the stick. not like the DS that doesnt do much :D OMG you can run ISO's or CSO to. I just find it funny how your all like "OMG you fan boy".

Also hey alvino did you know PSP plays Music and movies and view picture on the PSP and DS dont play any of them : ;)

The question of the century.

The PSP is for people who want it all. Videos, pictures, music, and games.

The DS is for people who want the games. Fun, fun, games.

Then theres the darker side of each portable..

HOMEBREW.

The PSP in terms of homebrew far outweighs the DS in terms of homebrew. The PSP can play SNES, NES, GBA, and plenty of other consoles games via emulation. The ones I mentioned being almost flawlessely.

The DS on the other hand, has some fine homebrew apps. However, not many people will want to shell out the money for a flashcart/passkey in order to play. But the DS's games are far easier to pirate. Stick it in the flashcart, load it up. Wah Lah. With the PSP, you've gotta dump/download the ISO. Merge the two parts of them. Rip anything out you don't need. Then convert it to a DAX/CSO file to load up via DevHook.

Whew...

BTW, I saw X1337 over at QJ.net. It was a pleasent suprise.

N_350Z said:
T
BTW, I saw X1337 over at QJ.net. It was a pleasent suprise.

Yea same here. You told me rember on the PM. Well I like that forum, im learning way more about homebrew for PSP

X1337 said:
Yea same here. You told me rember on the PM. Well I like that forum, im learning way more about homebrew for PSP

Aye. I'm pretty knowledgeable on almost all aspects of homebrew on the PSP. Excluding ISO's and DevHook. I don't play around with them. So if you've got any questions, just ask!

What's your favorite homebrew?

Mine would have to be Snes9x TYL .4.2 ME, OR smashGPSP.

smashGPSP is glorious.

Back
Top Bottom