FF vs. IE

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
Allright, I go to add/remove programs and I dont see Internet Explorer to uninstall it... but I do see FireFox (which now works and is my default browser) and next to it.. the size saysr 4,950.00 MB.

You guys said that Fire fox is better.. but 5 gigs? how big is IE? and how could I uninstall it (if its bigger than 5GB)

thanks

-Q

####################
Edited*
Alright, I found IE by click add/remove Windows Components
IE says its only 56 MB when my FireFox 1.5 is 5k MB? now tell me how firefox is faster?

CaneBaller said:
wow firefox is 5gigs?

definitely not. In my add/remove programs it says 17.66MB and the Firefox folder is 17.2MB.

Are u sure that u didn't look at the size of some game or something? If it really is firefox then check how large the folder is. U could also try reinstalling. And u could try removing IE by going to add/remove programs and then clicking the "add/remove windows parts" or something like that. I'm not sure if it will completely delete it but it's worth a try.

My firefox is 18.5MB, but ive got a few plugins added to mine. If ya want rid of IE just use CCleaner and remove it from there

i have IE7 and my folder is only 13.22mb, are you sure your looking at FF and not a game that is right next it or something because its hard to believe that a broswer is 5 gigs.

BTW, if you do want to delete IE you have to find it in your programs folder, it will not show up in your add/remove programs.

Internet Explorer is heavily implemented into XP, you can't uninstall it to my knowledge. You can roll back IE7 to IE6, but to uninstall it completely? I don't think you can.

Although I could be wrong.

it's been a tug of war between these two browsers for as long as firefox came into the picture. as far as convenience goes, firefox has I.E beat hands down, and it's popup blocker is a great plug-in.

as far as I.E goes, it is the #1 targeted browser by viruses/spam/malware/and hackers..and not to mention that I.E is a resource hog like Norton Anti-virus.

I prefer firefox vs. IE. IE is such a target for hackers and such because it's so popular. Firefox on the other hand isn't because it isn't popular. They both have problems and such but Firefox seems to have less because it's not as popular. I use opera over both because it uses less memory and I just like it although Firefox is really good too.

Back
Top Bottom