Help My Pc Is Too Slow

My PC is to slow.
Solution: Buy a new one. And asking why it's slow means you'll need new parts to make it fast, thus making buying a new PC roughly the only option. My suggestion...Dell XPS. Built strong enought o play CS Source and yet cheap enought o be very affordable. :)

Sytheious said:
Solution: Buy a new one. And asking why it's slow means you'll need new parts to make it fast, thus making buying a new PC roughly the only option. My suggestion...Dell XPS. Built strong enought o play CS Source and yet cheap enought o be very affordable. :)

not nessicarly

Try this for starters I guess

Msconfig
Ok I Recomend that you make a backup of all of youre important stuff just incase some thing happens
1.Click on Start.
2.Hit Run.
3.Type in Msconfig.
4.Click ONLY on the tab called START UP.
5.Disable any thing that you DONT need running clicking on the check box this will disable the start up item.
Note( I unchecked every thing except Zone Alarm And AVG Anti-Virus)
6.When you are done here click apply and then ok
7. After that you will be prompted with a dialog box that says Restart or Exit Without Restart
I usaully click on restart
Note when you start youre computer back up you will be prompted with a dialog box just put a check mark in the box and then click ok :)

Helpfull Hint
1.Right click on you're my computer icon
2.Hit Properties
3.Click Advanced
4.Under Performance Click Settings
5.Click Adjust for Best Performance

clear up all your movie, picture, music files from the HDD and burn them on a DVD or external drive. Then run Disk Cleanup and perform defrag. You'll see a huge boost in performance.

do what nate said. that will help speed things up a lot. Un necessary startup items can really slow your PC down. Also download ccleaner at www.ccleaner.com and run a scan and remove any old registry entries it throws at you. That can help a little bit too. Also try downloading a program called "FreeRamXP Pro" which tells you how much RAM you have free and cleans it out a little bit. that doesn't make a huge difference but it's still kinda nice to have. BTW, if you're using norton or mcafee antivirus that will slow things down a bit too.
Have you tried running a HiJackThis scan? there could be something hidden in there and if not, you could always remove some stuff you don't need. you can download it here: http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10379544.html?tag=lst-0-1 and then copy and paste the logfile here: http://www.hijackthis.de/

If software solutions doesn't help, the Celeron D is slowing you down. Poor chaching, wweak FSB...you get the rest. You can buy one. It's not AS cheap. A 775 Pentium D costs $149 I think for a 533FSB (The same as yours) but Dual Core.

Back
Top Bottom