Program wanted.....

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
For the few people that know me, I am quite heavily into my fitness, I have just started doing a short circuit training in the morning before my run, but I want a program, which could do the following:-

To be able to set variables of time e.g. 30 sec, 45 sec, 60 sec, and beep when time counts down.

So for example, I may want to do 60sec crunches, followed by 15sec rest period, followed by the next exercise. I want it to beep when each segment is up so I know when to change.

At the moment, I do it using a stop watch but there is no fluidity, as I have to keep checking the time, and pausing to reset etc. I want to be able to move into exercise without pause.

I hope that makes sense, and I hope that someone can help.

If you have any audio editing software you could just make one, put like a snare blast or something instead of a beep or maybe a synth whislte and voila!

how does that help him if you want to make your own program I suggest you download a version of c++ or python for something more basic and learn just the basics. I don't know your knowledge already or how fast you pick up things but should take you no longer than a week to learn what you have to, to make it beep for you

why dont you just record some beeps at the correct intervals and then work from beeps?

macbook said:
why dont you just record some beeps at the correct intervals and then work from beeps?

I was just wondering if there was a program for this sort of thing, rather then writing one, as my knowledge in that area is limited.

Also if I record the beeps,then its not able to be changed, I want it to be variable depending on the type of workout.

instead of time why don't you do a certain amount of pushups or crunches whatever you do then switch. Always set the bar really high, then after time raise the total.

EMMteo said:
instead of time why don't you do a certain amount of pushups or crunches whatever you do then switch. Always set the bar really high, then after time raise the total.

if you know you have a certain time period to work out in, you exert yourself much more than doing a certain number of excercises.

Joe..

Not spoke to you in a while, you decided to get that fitness thang going now? We do this thing at school & college, called the bleep test, fantastic tests..I get level 11+, have a look around for that, it comes on CD, or tape, around 7-8 pound, well worth it though..

Yeah but I think he wants to be able to change the program to whatever he wants in the intervals of the beeps, he doesn't want it to be set. I have no idea of a program like that but if you really need it I suggest you just learn how to program it'll be easier than chasing a program down and that way it's exactly what you want.

u could try using windows movie maker (or any other movie maker) and just put the sound files where ever u want them to play and then just preview the "movie"

Back
Top Bottom