Problem switching on

Are you sure the button isn't just sticking when you press it? That would cause the computer to shut down.

Lac3y said:
Are you sure the button isn't just sticking when you press it? That would cause the computer to shut down.

Where abouts in town are ya? Im in crammy

Lac3y said:
Hmmm, that is a possibility, in previous months, it would stick in, another press would bring it out, & pressing it again worked, if that is the case, it seems to me that it is wearing out, & the button/switch will need replacing, do you agree?

if the case is expensive then it might be worth trying to find a button for it, not sure how ud go about tho! for ur sake i hopes theres a ButtonsRus shop in the isle of wight :)

Brookfield said:
Hmmm, that is a possibility, in previous months, it would stick in, another press would bring it out, & pressing it again worked, if that is the case, it seems to me that it is wearing out, & the button/switch will need replacing, do you agree?

Maybe it's just got some dirt or sticky substance trapped in the area between the case and the button. Try giving that area a clean.

Raffaz said:
Where abouts in town are ya? Im in crammy

As in Cramlington? I live in North Shields.

theres a spray u can buy that removes grease/grime etc i used it on my pc b4, u have to be careful as it can damage some plastics, but if the button is too hard to get at to clean this is an option, im not sure of the name but DIY shops shud know.

Anubis1980 said:
theres a spray u can buy that removes grease/grime etc i used it on my pc b4, u have to be careful as it can damage some plastics, but if the button is too hard to get at to clean this is an option, im not sure of the name but DIY shops shud know.

You mean contact cleaner?

Back
Top Bottom