SP3 for XP delayed...the reason?

Ð88

Fully Optimized
http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4630

In the very first post below the article the guy points out probably one of the main reasons for yet another delay in service pack 3 for XP. The whole dx10 thing. Like he suggests, the patch for XP to be compatible with dx10 is probably encased in SP3 but to release it at the same time of Vista will obviously destroy sales of Vista causing Vista's release to be a complete failure. Now the tactic is to delay SP3 in order to ensure a heavy transition of users to Vista, reap the profits from it then release SP3 for those who aren't going to fall for their little "trick". I understand that it's all in proper marketing and money-making but it burns me to realize the dishonesty that these "companies for the people" really have. Oh well, i guess it's really no bother to me so much, i will just wait for SP3...whenever it is released.

It's gonna be a while til I purchase Vista, so I guess I'm gonna be one of the one's that waits desperately for SP3

Well, I'm too anxious for DirectX10. I can't wait another whole year for it...I'll just buy Vista. I might actually be able to get my hands on a volume-license for it since that's coming out earlier.

They should release SP3 without DX10 first. SP3 is really needed for XP, as it has soo many unfixied problems currently.

Viesta does have a few enhancements, but overall, its not that much different from XP in the way it looks/performs...
I do like that 3D effect though when you are selecting windows.......

I was and can alaways stick to SP1. Why bother to update to SP3 with DX10 while my PC only have DX9 based stuff?

Back
Top Bottom