Problem switching on

If ya have lots of USB things connected then try removing them, and see if that sorts it out. If it does then ya know its a PSU problem,if not then something else

Brook, if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks, i'll be back on the island and could spin past if you like. i usually have a few psu's going spare.

callout charge is a cup of tea, if it needs replaced.

parismouton said:
Brook, if you can wait 2 or 3 weeks, i'll be back on the island and could spin past if you like. i usually have a few psu's going spare.

Now theres an offer he cant refuse lol :)

Raffaz said:
If ya have lots of USB things connected then try removing them, and see if that sorts it out. If it does then ya know its a PSU problem,if not then something else
No, only two.

Brookfield said:
No, only two.
That could still possibly help, if ya PSU is borderline working/not working, then removing the 2 devices might swing it round, that is providing the USB devices havent got their own power sources. Cant hurt to give it a try

I'm suspecting the Power suply or a high load of dust or something. I can't really go see as I'd have to ride the bike underwater and all...and my skin is highly negativly responding to Aqua stuff.

parismouton said:

Well, that's nice to offer :)

+rep

Brookfield said:
Can you help please, for the last three mornings I've pushed the button on the case, as Ialways do, & it dies, it's done this in the past occasionly, then, I would press it again straight away, & it was OK, now, I have to go away for ten minutes, brush my teeth etc, try again & it works. :confused: the room is at a constant even temperature, not too hot/cold, no dampness, & my desktop is in the same place as it's always been.

Usually this is the power supply failing to provide the Power Good signal to the motherboard.

lhuser said:
I'm suspecting the Power suply or a high load of dust or something. I can't really go see as I'd have to ride the bike underwater and all...and my skin is highly negativly responding to Aqua stuff.
Lovin' the humour!!, I can't see as how it's dust, it's an AMD case, streamlined, close fitting angled oval power button, not a rocker switch, no crevices for dust to collect in, could the dust have accumulated inside the case in 18 months, I had a glimpse inside while it was being built, theres a lot of space in there, my home is double-glazed, & I'm on a road with little traffic, it's a simple layout, the barest essentiials needed to surf & email, which is what I specified, as I didn't want to d/load music or play games, I've got my console for that.

Brookfield said:
Lovin' the humour!!, I can't see as how it's dust, it's an AMD case, streamlined, close fitting angled oval power button, not a rocker switch, no crevices for dust to collect in, could the dust have accumulated inside the case in 18 months, I had a glimpse inside while it was being built, theres a lot of space in there, my home is double-glazed, & I'm on a road with little traffic, it's a simple layout, the barest essentiials needed to surf & email, which is what I specified, as I didn't want to d/load music or play games, I've got my console for that.

You would be surprised how much dust will get pulled in by ya fans in 18mnths

Back
Top Bottom