Your Vista Experience

X1337

Fully Optimized
Post up, your vista Experience. From installing to runing a program here's mine:

Burned a Windows Vista RC1 on a 4.7GB song DVD. Installed vista over all my partions so I just had one main has Vista. First time installing, some how copying the setup files took 0 seconds so it installs the system files etc. than the setup says: Got a error saying cant install VISTA (I wonder why). Second try, Setup installs the setup files this time after that SETUP installs the system files etc.. Reboot than have about 100Mbs of free ram. Download ATI Radeon Vista BETA drivers for Vista. I was happy that the HOLE thing installed right - restarted, screen artifacts on welcome screen. I had to guess where to type the password. So after working around there it works!. Games where runing slow, Uninstalled ATI drivers, SETUP fails to uninstall drivers :( . Finally after many times of trying to get it to work, It UNINSTALLS. Install Warcat drivers in device manger - Rebooted, Now my Aero is gone. Looks like Crap SO I just gave up.. Reinstalled to XP again to solve my programs and to stop trying to shoot my self becuase of all the problems

Whats yours?

When it comes to the credit card, i filled out a survey and go 5 bucks in free ice cream. Pretty much a great experience in my book.

heh, I found vista slow and un-bearable.. there was no excuse for a 10 minute boot up time on a system like mine. 2 gigs of ram apparently JUST ISNT GOOD ENOUGH.

I haven't bothered trying Vista. It's still half-assed and I think I'll wait a year or two before I lay down my money for it. XP is still very capable and modifiable.

Piece..of..crap..

My system isan't all amazing though..I think it's just a bloated XP with more visuals..

Depends on your hardware. Right now it's too dependent on hardware which is a turn off for me. :( Ownage has a copy of Windows Vista Ultimate RC1 running and he says it's not bad, but I've never tried it so...

Apparantly, the reason of lock ups on my machine while viewing may come from my CPU, being uncappable to run such things. Yeah, my arse! It works.

It works well, preety well...you ask for video or 3D gaming? Sure! It will just lock up in 5 minutes, so please wait while I waste my time.

I've run Beta2 and RC1 with no problems at all. I've got RC2 just haven't loaded it as yet.

The nVidia drivers work fine.

Gaming is sucky on Vista, ram usage gets up to 1.6GB when I'm running Company of Heroes.

I'm considering moving up to 3GB of ram to see if it makes any difference.

DILLIGAF said:
I've run Beta2 and RC1 with no problems at all. I've got RC2 just haven't loaded it as yet.

The nVidia drivers work fine.

Gaming is sucky on Vista, ram usage gets up to 1.6GB when I'm running Company of Heroes.

I'm considering moving up to 3GB of ram to see if it makes any difference.
why not just go back to XP and have it run faster?

Back
Top Bottom