I'm ANGRY

mongoman said:
hey was that a crack at gamers like me....my parents are responsible and they arent blind to wut im buyin but i do see wut you mean.i get m rated games bout i show my parents the worst parts of the game and some time they say yes some time they say no i dont whine about it tho.....my maine point is freedom to buy wut you want
No, it's just that when the parents do find out what their kids are playing, they go and blame the game companies, when the game companies have ratings and put plainly on the front of the box that it contains violence....etc.

So I'm saying that if the parents have to buy the games, they will see that it contains violence, since it'll be right on the front of the box, and they will quit blaming the video game companies, because after all, they bought the game for their kid. Thus, the parents will be responsible if their kid goes out and blows away 6 kids in school and says he learned it from a video game. The parents are the ones who should be responsible for that...not the game companies.

Another reason to move to Canada...
I'm glad I'm 18...
But that's just plain stupid and wrong. The game market would take a hit, too. Sell your stocks.

This wont go through, atleast I dont think it will..Rating have a reason, so you have to have your mom buy you a movie ticket, to a pg-13 movie. That would be the same thing as them buying a Rated E game right? Anyhow, if you get worked up about this so much, I think its time to take a break from gaming, no offense!

I know that this will most likely not go through, but still the idea seems so wrong to me. But some people seem to think that games are making people kill people, and games are doing this and that, etc. which is stupid. That's an easy way for a messed up kid to pass the blame. It's all these ideas that honestly make me very sad and dissappointed in the logic of some of these people. Shooting aliens on Halo doesn't make it OK to shoot someone in real life, anyone knows that. And if they don't, they are lying.

Actually the law in Oregon is regardless of the ESRP you MUST be 18 to purchase any M rated games. Sucks to be a minor. lol.

D-Lew said:
I know that this will most likely not go through, but still the idea seems so wrong to me. But some people seem to think that games are making people kill people, and games are doing this and that, etc. which is stupid. That's an easy way for a messed up kid to pass the blame. It's all these ideas that honestly make me very sad and dissappointed in the logic of some of these people. Shooting aliens on Halo doesn't make it OK to shoot someone in real life, anyone knows that. And if they don't, they are lying.
Some kids don't know that....and it's up to the parents to tell them that.

So when the kid goes and kills 12 people the parent blames it on the games because they didn't do their job of keeping their kids from playing those games.

Sytheious said:
Actually the law in Oregon is regardless of the ESRP you MUST be 18 to purchase any M rated games. Sucks to be a minor. lol.

its that way in illinois too.. dont yu have to be 18 to buy an m rated game anywhere?

Tommy Boy said:
No, it's just that when the parents do find out what their kids are playing, they go and blame the game companies, when the game companies have ratings and put plainly on the front of the box that it contains violence....etc.

So I'm saying that if the parents have to buy the games, they will see that it contains violence, since it'll be right on the front of the box, and they will quit blaming the video game companies, because after all, they bought the game for their kid. Thus, the parents will be responsible if their kid goes out and blows away 6 kids in school and says he learned it from a video game. The parents are the ones who should be responsible for that...not the game companies.

did you not read what i said??i show my parents the ratings and the reasons why it got that rating plus they no im hot going to shoot some people in a shool or something because of a video game

D-Lew said:
Another reason to move to Canada...
I'm glad I'm 18...
But that's just plain stupid and wrong. The game market would take a hit, too. Sell your stocks.

You have to be 17 to buy most games in Canada

Back
Top Bottom