Reformatting Help

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Okay I reinstalled Windows XP on my computer and I have two Partition drives, C and D. I installed windows on D. My old installation of Windows XP was on C.

Now that installation is completed. I have two copies of windows installed. On top of that, my C drive wasn't formatted, my old files still remains.

My goal right now is to delete all the files on C faster than deleting them folder by folder. I do not need ANY Files on C. I tried deleted Documents and Settings and Widnows wont allow me to (on C drive, my main drive is D drive remember). I need something that would make me wipe it out. I tried to rightclick the drive and format it from there, but after its formatted it says "Cannot be formatted" or something like that.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. What are some good start-up softwares to fill/spice up my Windows XP experience installation? Like best firewalls/antiviruses and some utilities besides google pack.

Are you sure you are booting up in D:? it sounds like you might still be booting off of c: what I would do is boot of the cd and then delete the C: part and then just reformat it.

how would I delete th C: part? Delete the partition? It wont let me delete the C partition.

Boot of ya windows XP disc, let it load up. Then start from scratch and wipeit all and start again. Will be so much easier

Back
Top Bottom