windows error..........

jimmyjames72

Baseband Member
whenever i try to open a file from my start menu or my desktop it will alwaya windows has encountered a problem and needs to close.it will then restart and i can open the folder. if i try to open another it will give me the same message again. what can this be and how can i fix it.? plese help because this is very annoying.

few things to try...

firstly have u installed anything since this has started happening? hardware, software etc. Also try a virus and spyware scan, my bro had a worm on his pc and wreaked havoc with it. Are all drivers up to date and the correct ones for the hardware? finally i guess u cud try doing a repair of windows using the windows cd, this might overwrite a file thats got corrupted somehow.

What OS? If its XP then have a look in event viewer, located in admin tools and see if any problems are listed there, otherwise try a system restore, or sfc/ scannow command

just checked into event viewer and there is a red x with error by it whenever i open a file or folder icon.it's listed under the application tab. how can i fix this and what can it be,

Just been searchin online and this is a tricky one, what programs are ya opening when this occurs?

Back
Top Bottom