The Member photos

mammikoura said:
there must be loads of people who haven't heard about it. Not everyone listens to metal u know...

but it is the greatest Metallica song ever! One does not have to listen to metal to have heard of the song. Hell the song is played in the movie 'Old School'...now who hasn't seen that?!? lol

Raffaz said:
Some people wont have even heard of master of puppets lol, u seen them live before then?
I have a 16 year old relative who's seen them, he told me that the record [CD]sold half a million on release, & how Carl Burton was killed in an accident, not long afer the release, apparently their style is thrash metal?

Distortion88 said:
but it is the greatest Metallica song ever! One does not have to listen to metal to have heard of the song.

I'd say one of the greatest Metallica songs! Can't really say which is the greatest, there are so many awesome ones! But honestly, u tell me like the three greatest country songs ever and I bet all my money that I haven't heard of all of them. And if u name some popular rap/hip-hop/pop/other crap songs I probably haven't heard about all of them either. It's just because I don't listen to that kind of music.

Brookfield said:
how Carl Burton was killed in an accident, not long afer the release,

Cliff Burton?

And I'd say their style is heavy/thrash metal or just metal. I suck with the different genres, there is too many of them! :D Lets just say their music is the best. :)

mammikoura said:
Cliff Burton?
Yep, I checked it with Wikipedia, it has "Cliff Burton [bass]" it says he was killed in a bus accident, while on the Damage Inc tour, the instrumental number Orion was played at his funeral, not many have heard tht tune, as they have rarely played it since, was that a help?, no-one can say I don't try, huh?

Brookfield said:
Yep, I checked it with Wikipedia, it has "Cliff Burton [bass]" it says he was killed in a bus accident, while on the Damage Inc tour, the instrumental number Orion was played at his funeral, not many have heard tht tune, as they have rarely played it since, was that a help?, no-one can say I don't try, huh?

yeah that is correct, but it's long before my time. All that had happened before i was even born. Well....i guess it was only a year before i was born but still i didnt get into the metal scene till long after.

Brookfield said:
was that a help?

lol, u don't need to help me about Metallica stuff. I just said "cliff burton?" because u said carl burton and I assumed that u got the name mixed up.

Brookfield said:
the instrumental number Orion was played at his funeral, not many have heard tht tune, as they have rarely played it since, was that a help?, no-one can say I don't try, huh?

That would be correct, however they did play Orion at all the summer Festivals they played (including Download Festival), because they played the whole Master of Puppets album from start to finish. To say it was a tear-jerking experience of both excellence and sentimental value would be an understatement.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, just throwing that little bit in. :)

Slayer said:
That would be correct, however they did play Orion at all the summer Festivals they played (including Download Festival), because they played the whole Master of Puppets album from start to finish. To say it was a tear-jerking experience of both excellence and sentimental value would be an understatement.

that must have been epic!

Back
Top Bottom