Computer Startup Problem!

villain667

Solid State Member
I just bought a new case for my computer yesturday, I've put everything in the way its supposed to, at least from wat i believe anyway, and before when i turned it on, it stayed on for a little bit, but it would either turn off while I was logging in to my account or right when it finished loading. So I thought it was something i mixed up in the case so, i swithced it back over to my old case and the same thing happened. the little plastic frame over the CPU's iron grill, just below the fan, I broke a little latch on it and now the metal hooks cant put any pressure on the one side of it, could that be it? But then I also hooked everything back up again in the new case, the same way as before, except this time i attached the temperature readers wire to the RAM to measure the heat of the RAM and now when i turn it on, it stays on for literally one second and then shuts right back down again, i dont even see anything on the screen at all. Does anyone know wats happening, has anyone ever experienced this and can help me out? Thanx in advance.

yeah that will be it, ya havent got proper contact with the cpu, so its overheating.

I thought that would be the problem, though i still dont understand how the computer would only stay on for a seond then shut off, when it was staying on a lot longer before.

maybe its worked even more loose, or maybe something else has worked loose. Or ya CPU could be fried now, who knows lol

Back
Top Bottom