Ie7

I've been using it all last night. Hmmm, there is a definite bug. I have Adobe Professional and you know how once that's installed, you get this new toolbar installed in all your apps like Word, Excel, etc, including your web browser. This toolbar appear to fit pretty well with the other default IE7 toolbars at the top (at first), but when I closed the browser and reopen it again, that thing gets huge---expanding the entire toolbar as if stretching it out!!!

That's about the only thing I see wrong. Another thing I would've like to see from IE7, but didn't get incorporated into it is when you do a CTL+T---I would love the new tab to take me to my homepage instead of leaving it blank (ie, Firefox, lol). There are some cool features other than that. Actually, IE7 is completely revamped from IE6. Tons of good stuff. The preview Quick Tabs look pretty neat if you have tons of website opened up at one time. Then at quick glance, you can see which tab you want to go into. I wish the Command Toolbar would have more features from the standard Menu Bar so I can remove the Menu Bar. Also, Google Toolbar is still better than the built in search engine with IE7 (even though it uses Google too :p) because when you type keywords to search on Google with Google Toolbar, it also appears on the toolbar itself to further refine the search on that particular website you visited. Sure IE7 Google has the Find feature too, but I'm too lazy to click on the drop down arrow, then type in the word again, then click find, etc. Google Toolbar already has the search words displayed from within the bar so I just have to click on the word and it automatically finds it on the page. Also the Google Map is handy for instant directions. I guess Microsoft can't incorporate everything from Google.

With all the toolbars I have displayed, it's actually more clutter than IE6 (with the same toolbars that I have from IE6 carried over to IE7). For the features it has, it's still a fine looking web browser with increased functionality. The phishing filters are new. It's my first phish filter ever so we'll see how that works out. The little picture tags it leaves before the web address looks nice. At quick glance, I can see which website I need to go to instead of searching for it in the URL window. Also, web browsing is much faster than IE6. Must be the way it's configured on my PC.

Can't get IE7 for my desktop, lol. Too illegal to install and didn't pass validation :(. I've got a legal ISO of XP SP2 from MSDN, but so damn lazy to install it. I have to make a complete backup of my drive (which is a lot of work because I have way too many files on there). Format, reinstall, blah, blah, and all that good stuff. Too much time...

Go to Tools > Internet Options

Go to the "Tabs" section in the "General" tab and click settings. There is an option to make new tabs go to your home page by default.

All in all I think IE7 is the best Browser out there.

I did that already and it's still showing me a blank page. Darn it, maybe another bug. Is it doing it for you?

THis is really wierd. I manage to get the tabs to go to my homepage, but it won't work with CTL+T. You need to set the homepage multiple times in the Internet Options, but it will only take you to the homepage for the other tabs if you click on the "Home" button. However many times you type out the homepage in Internet Options, that's how many tabs will appear at the same time, directing you to the homepage you set it for. Hmmm, not what I expect it. Haha, it's fun playing with it. Got some strange results from the tab when it comes to getting home page :s. Oh well, better than nothing. Now everytime I click on the Home button, I get like 2-4 (or however many you want) new tab windows that goes to the homepage now (depends on how many times you type it out in Internet Options, homepage section). This is new, but works funky.

Lol, I got my first IE7 error message already. Hope that was just the one time thing. I rarely get an error message in IE6. Hopefully, the new updates will patch up some of the bugs in the future.

Nope mine's working perfectly. Everytime i ctrl+t the new tab opens up at my home page

It wouldn't even let me install it for some reason, as an update or from the exe. Goes through all the stages and then just says cannot install, or something along those lines.

Edit: Got it working now. Using it as we speak. Seems stable, hasn't crashed yet, and seems as fast if not faster than FF. I think I'll stick with it.

Ahhhh, I got it to work!!!!! You have to go into the Tab Browse settings and click on the box that says enable home page in new tabs instead of blank. Whew, glad that worked. Now IE7 is truly the best browser. Even Firefox couldn't do this.

Did Windows validate your PC to see if IE7 can run on your machine? You can't force the .exe to work if you don't have SP2 installed either. It does that check in the beginning. Try disabling your antispyware, antivirus, and firewall software before the install. The after it gets on there, enable them again.

TRDCorolla said:
Someone told me that it was being released this month, but I didn't believe him. I will definitely be looking forward to it. I've been waiting for months to get it. I'm not a beta user. Now I just have to wait for Media Player and DX10. By that time, I might have Vista :p.

dx 10 isnt gonna work on xp so you will have to have windows vista

I got it to install and work!!!
I had to Disable one of the Spysweeper shields! it was the "Browser hijack" Shield

I must say I am loving! Internet Explorer 7!!! I still prefer firefox but dang yo this is awesome! its so fast on the forums!!! and it looks great Vrey nice job Microsoft! :)

Back
Top Bottom