PSP vs. DS

I haven't played the PSP so no input there, but I love just about everything about the DS. One gripe I had about it, though, is using the touch screen for analog controls on Mario, it's too hard to use the stylus, so you have to use the little thumb pad lanyard, which covers up the bottom screen. I like having Animal Crossing on the go, though... it's a lot more fun for me to just pick it up and play whenever. I need to get some of the newer games for it.

Until Gran Turismo is on PSP, I wouldn't even consider getting one since I already have an iPod Video (even though it's broken at the moment :( ). And I probably will end up never getting one, just because of all the other stuff I could do with that money.

i dont like how people are always comparing the psp to ps2. people are like "the gam,es are just crappy versions of ps2 games." well, dont think of it that way. the games werent developed for ps2, but if they were, then they would suck because you would be comparing them to games that WERE developed for ps2 which are better. the games were devevloped for a handheld, and they are really good for being handheld games. you cannot expect the games to be home console level, because they arent being played on a home console.

cileskot said:
i dont like how people are always comparing the psp to ps2. people are like "the gam,es are just crappy versions of ps2 games." well, dont think of it that way. the games werent developed for ps2, but if they were, then they would suck because you would be comparing them to games that WERE developed for ps2 which are better. the games were devevloped for a handheld, and they are really good for being handheld games. you cannot expect the games to be home console level, because they arent being played on a home console.

i really agree with that

I agree as well but I think there should also be some really original exclusive games to make it worth buying. The reason I like DS is because when they port the old games, there's not much of a loss in quality and/or gameplay. But there aren't a ton of what I would call original titles, mainly just tried and proven golden oldies. I just happen to be a fan of those games.

Once you downgrade your PSP, run homebrews // hacked games on your memory Duo card! :) You can even run ISO's that are PSP games, So say I download NFSMW.Iso. I run A program (Devhook I think) and emulate a 2.60 Firmwire with the ISO has a UMD disk :D, This way I save more battery life ! and its free

mongoman said:
personally i would go for the ds. i like it better plus it dosen't have the unattractive price of $299 cdn :mad: .other than that i would get both
It got it for $230 CAD at Wal-Mart... (with taxes $260)

PSP is great for multimedia and graphical games, but DS is more innovative and some of the games are very fun.

Here's my take:

If you like creativity, you're a hardcore mario fan, and you like games for all ages, races, etc....then the DS is for you.

If you like a copycat of the PS2, only games cut nearly in half, then go with the PSP. No doubt there are some good games on PSP....but 3/4 of them are cut in half.

I agree with Chainer, but if you don't have a PS2, then the PSP would be nice to have. With the new DS Lite, though, it's a lot less bulky and it looks a lot better than the original one.

Yeah, the DS Lite is sure secksey. :D Small, compact and BEA-utiful. :D It looks cleaner too.

Back
Top Bottom