Halo wars

D-Lew said:
That's the RTS, correct? How on earth is it supposed to have a fluid interface on a console?

It can, but most developers don't take the time to do so. Battle for Middle Earth II was recently released for the Xbox 360 and the controls were actually decent. Consoles still have hope, it's just the gamers that don't have it.

Trivium Nate said:
I cant wait until Halo 2Comes to computer

You'll need Windows Vista anyways. Becides, there won't be too many differences other than resolution change and so forth.

I still think it's just a marketing ploy for M$, forcing gamers to move to vista for halo2. Given how halo2 ran on the exact same hardware as halo2, it would be logical to think that a system which can run haloPC with good framerates under DX9 would also be able to run halo2 decently under DX9.. but of coarse.. all M$ seems to care about is, well.. thats it, the $.

I hope someone makes a crack for halo2 to run on XP, just to smite microsoft.

Well they do that because they want people to shift over to Vista. If you're all for PC gaming, too bad. That's why I enjoy both PC and Console gaming. Best of both worlds. :)

it's a shame that halo wars won't be coming out for pc, i never really got into consoles so i won't be making any purchases any time soon. i don't mind that they're making halo2 require vista, since.. well, we'll have to switch over eventually, why not now. i'm curious as to how halo wars will work though, the only rts i've ever played on console was starcraft64 and that was absolutely horrible compared to the computer version.

You never know. They might actually come up with great controls. Only faith and time will tell. :)

alvino said:
Well they do that because they want people to shift over to Vista. If you're all for PC gaming, too bad. That's why I enjoy both PC and Console gaming. Best of both worlds. :)
meh, I just find it pointless to spend another $400 on a piece of hardware that I wont use even 1/5 as much as my PC. THAT is why I don't buy consoles until they are cheap. I didn't get an xbox 'til it was about $150.

They want people to shift over to vista... well yeah that is pretty obvious. Not only do they make a lot of revenue in that situation, but they also get to shove their over-protected DRM infested OS down our throats. In the world of PC gaming, pretty much all games that I have ever seen released in the past 5 years work on windows 2000 (same with a few games i've seen that state they only run on XP..).. I don't see a problem with windows 9x not being supported anymore.. it's just plain old and not many use it.. but lets face it, just about everyone is on some sort of NT based os..

I don't find it fair in the least that people have to upgrade their OS for halo2.. it just isn't fair. you could run halo1 on windows 98se if you so damn wished.....

Halo2 will probably have a rough start on the PC... I hope it fails miserably. I really do.

Well they don't expect Halo 2 to be the killer app for Vista. It's just an incentive to get Vista. It's been, what? 2 years since the game has been out?

Whatevers. I've already beaten the game and Xbox Live is the best online service you can find, so I'm happy.

alvino said:
Well they don't expect Halo 2 to be the killer app for Vista. It's just an incentive to get Vista. It's been, what? 2 years since the game has been out?

Whatevers. I've already beaten the game and Xbox Live is the best online service you can find, so I'm happy.
I only partially agree there. Live is indeed awesome for the likes of halo2.. getting into a game has never been easier or more practical than that...

but on the flipside.. there are some games out there that still only have the basic server browser where other people can host games and it's not just taken care of by MS... if your gonna pay, I think it's the service's obligation to take care of servers for you... in unreal championship for example, there were only a couple of servers hosted by Epic, the rest where hosted by other people.. and someitmes those servers were just crap.

Halo2 on the other hand is a dream.. i've never had a server perform badly in Halo2... if all games on Live were setup like that, then I would think of Live as the best damn service in the world.

Back
Top Bottom