Crazy Ass Weather!!!

Sometimes I go out side in just a pair of pants and a wife beater shirt and for laughs i will put my paintball mask on lol

I'm in Buffalo, just got power back online this morning. I haven't had it since Thursday afternoon.

It has easily been the most damaging storm Buffalo has ever seen. We got a foot of snow in one day, blowing away the previous record of 6 inches for October, and a total of about 2 feet. This wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that all the leaves are still on the trees. So basically, the trees were destroyed because of all the extra surface area that snow was weighing down because of the leaves. The weirdest thing about it though, was that it was LIGHTNING while it was snowing. You don't see that every day.

The branches were all over the place. There was a driving ban for about 4 days because the roads were too dangerous. It's taking forever for the power to get back on for everyone because there's just way too many breaks in the lines.

I spent a good 2 days cleaning up branches in my yard. We lost a really, really beautiful willow tree and another pine tree, and a few other trees are dead because so many branches snapped off.

My mom had to call a tow truck, and the tow truck got stuck and had to call for another one. Another time I got stuck with my buddy and I had to literally push the car out of a ditch while he had it in reverse. None of the street lights work, and I think so far 3 people have died in accidents. Two more died from CO poisoning because they decided to run a generator indoors.

If we didn't have a generator, our basement would probably have had 6 inches of water in it. A lot of people I know didn't have heat or anything, so having a generator was god. My dad and I went out to buy a generator for my grandparents, and some ******* decided he'd buy 2 and sell the other to the people at the back of the line. He got punched in the nose.

On the bright side, some of my friends are making $500+ per day from cleaning up other people's yards, and we don't have school for the entire week.

EDIT: I'll try to post some pics of the damage later.

freestyler105 said:
I'm in Buffalo, just got power back online this morning. I haven't had it since Thursday afternoon.

It has easily been the most damaging storm Buffalo has ever seen. We got a foot of snow in one day, blowing away the previous record of 6 inches for October, and a total of about 2 feet. This wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that all the leaves are still on the trees. So basically, the trees were destroyed because of all the extra surface area that snow was weighing down because of the leaves. The weirdest thing about it though, was that it was LIGHTNING while it was snowing. You don't see that every day.

The branches were all over the place. There was a driving ban for about 4 days because the roads were too dangerous. It's taking forever for the power to get back on for everyone because there's just way too many breaks in the lines.

I spent a good 2 days cleaning up branches in my yard. We lost a really, really beautiful willow tree and another pine tree, and a few other trees are dead because so many branches snapped off.

My mom had to call a tow truck, and the tow truck got stuck and had to call for another one. Another time I got stuck with my buddy and I had to literally push the car out of a ditch while he had it in reverse. None of the street lights work, and I think so far 3 people have died in accidents. Two more died from CO poisoning because they decided to run a generator indoors.

If we didn't have a generator, our basement would probably have had 6 inches of water in it. A lot of people I know didn't have heat or anything, so having a generator was god. My dad and I went out to buy a generator for my grandparents, and some XXXXXXX decided he'd buy 2 and sell the other to the people at the back of the line. He got punched in the nose.

On the bright side, some of my friends are making $500+ per day from cleaning up other people's yards, and we don't have school for the entire week.

EDIT: I'll try to post some pics of the damage later.
Understandingly you're angry, but watch the language, edited out.

Back
Top Bottom