Deleting registry bad in any way?

superman22x

Golden Master
Hi,
Our dell is getting slow, and I formated the HD 6 months ago or so. But I do download and what not. Will deleting the registry speed it back up? And is it safe to delete the registry, I wont lose anything important? What is a good free program that can delete the registry for free?

Your registry contains EVERYTHING needed for ya pc to run. Leave well alone

well, I thought you could delete certain things in the registry to speed it your computer. Is there any other things I can do, other than defrag and the usual?

You can delete redundant entries, but ya will need registry software for that. Something like Registry mechanic, JV16, CCleaner(free). Check for virus and spyware etc coz they will slow ya system to a crawl

I've been doin windows defender but it never finds any spyware. Our computer is just gettin so slow!!!

I havent any experience of win defender so i cant comment on it. I run Spyware doctor, adaware se, spybot, and spysweeper.

i have spyware doctor on a disk, and so I installed that. It came with a magazine. It found 10 infections, which isnt too many but I also dont have the registered version. So I hope that helps, but I dont think it'll help much.

Raffaz said:
You can delete redundant entries, but ya will need registry software for that. Something like Registry mechanic, JV16, CCleaner(free). Check for virus and spyware etc coz they will slow ya system to a crawl

you don't NEED those to delete stuff from your registry, if you don't know what your doing and have no business opening regedit, then you prolly NEED them though...

xtremezx2 said:
you don't NEED those to delete stuff from your registry, if you don't know what your doing and have no business opening regedit, then you prolly NEED them though...

Exactly, which was my point lol, do ya really think he knows what he is doing when he thinks he can delete the registry?

Back
Top Bottom