McAfee Total Protection Install Problem.

Half Evil

Golden Master
My dad bought McAfee Total Protection 2007 for his computer and my moms laptop.

Both have good enough specs, and no virus or anything to block it.

What happens is we stick in the CD, and this happens..

Nothing else.

My mom took this to her work to see what would happen, and its normal on her work computers. I have Installed IE 7 Beta 2 on both of these computers, and that may be the problem. Just because IE 6 is being run on the work computers.

Im not sure, but thats what its narrowed down to.

So is there anything else that could solve this, and why would the Internet Explorer have any effect on the program at all?

my guess is that it could be IE related. I'd try going back to version 6 and see if that works. I've heard mcafee uses the IE rendering engine but I'm not 100% sure on that. I know norton does but I'm not sure about mcafee.
You could also make sure there's no leftover registry entries or anything from the previous security software. Another thing if all else fails is to try to download a trial from mcafee and use the license key from the CD and see if that works.

Thats what I forgot to mention, the trials work fine, but there is no trial for total protection. There is only like a virus one.

So I cant do that..

I have also heard that it uses the IE engline but I still have IE. It wasnt taken off my computer or anything else; just upgraded.

I just took out IE 7 Beta 2 completely, and I still cant installed IE 6. So.. what now? :|

I think you were right. I juswt ran CC again and now it seems to be working.

Thanks for all your hlep!

Back
Top Bottom