Server change....

I still get frequent timeouts.. there have been times I just quit making threads altogether.. last time I asked a question, I tried to make a thread.. got a time out every single time.. so I gave up and went to another forum.

This server is terrible, and i always thought bandwidth wouldnt be an issue.

Generally large message boards seem to eat under 100 gig of bandwidth a night, but require lots of processor power and ram.

Better sever = more adds correct?

Just stick some more at the bottom and call it good. I know easiler said then done but you catch my drift..

DJ-CHRIS said:
This server is terrible, and i always thought bandwidth wouldnt be an issue.

Generally large message boards seem to eat under 100 gig of bandwidth a night, but require lots of processor power and ram.
We use < 10% processor max

10% max is suprising, other forums (with newer software and more features however) use a dual processor 2.5ghz box to it's max.

Trivium Nate said:
I havent gotten a timeout in a long time, But i agree taking the server of the rack and dusting it off and rebooting it after shutting it donw might do some wonders! as well as unplug and then replug in the wires might help also defragment the server, We should also archive old posts like posts that are 1 or more years old they should be taken out and archived.

1.Turn off
2.Un plug all sires
3.Dust off
4. Wait half an hour or so!
5.plug server back in and turn it on
6.Archive old posts!
7.Defragment
8.Restart one last time

I know that would take a while but hey it might help some how right?
Erm... :confused:

Deleting old posts; I 100% disagree. You could use valuable data like guides and whatnot written back when the forum was new or something like that, plus the amount of data would have nothing to do with how many requests the server can handle without having those annoying timeouts.

Back
Top Bottom