agp texture acceleration not available

when u updated the chipset drivers did u get rid of the olds ones properly, the drivers come with an AGP port, and if this is still using the old one, the texture acceleration wont be available, windows needs to be told to use the AGP port properly, and thats what the right drivers do. isnt there an ATI catalyst cleaner? u can run to make sure pc is completely clean of ati drivers
then try reinstalling the new drivers again.

Anubis1980 said:
when u updated the chipset drivers did u get rid of the olds ones properly, the drivers come with an AGP port, and if this is still using the old one, the texture acceleration wont be available, windows needs to be told to use the AGP port properly, and thats what the right drivers do. isnt there an ATI catalyst cleaner? u can run to make sure pc is completely clean of ati drivers
then try reinstalling the new drivers again.
oh sheesh.. why didn't I think of that?

With my older computer.. after installing windows.. it would detect the AGP video card as a PCI card.. which would run games like crap.. after installing chipset drivers it was recognized as an AGP4x card.. games run much faster now.

Look into that!

i tried that and it seems like when i restart the drivers remain or are reinstalled by themselves (im back to 64 bit btw,,,32 bit gave me worse problems,,,the agp speed was at 0) and it doesnt work still,,,is there a way to remove the default windows drivers and make them not install when i restart?

erm if u go into control panel and system cant u tell the pc to disable hardware? or does this also stop the other drivers from working as well?

i dunno, but if i uninstall the drivers with that cleaner and restart, the default drivers get installed

default as in windows? if so the new ones shud overwrite them and work fine i think. one person mentioned playing around with the AGP appature size in the bios, cos sometimes it can play a part in ur problem...

yes as in windows, ive tried everything , even that bios arperture size thing,,,i really think my video card has gone bad,,,i have to get the one from my friend and try that

Back
Top Bottom