graphic corruption ?

i have the 7950GX2 as well, and i needed to update my psu to get it to work.also do nvidia say ur mobo is supported for that card? i had to update my mobo to make the card work 100%.

so what are the specs for ur power supply including the 12v ampeage rating?

Oblivion is a heavy game even for the 7950 and its poss the extra stress has shafted ur psu if it wasnt up to the job.Also what drivers are u using?

Did you do anything to ya computer 3 days ago when this started?
yes i installed Mcafee

Anubis1980 said:
i have the 7950GX2 as well, and i needed to update my psu to get it to work.also do nvidia say ur mobo is supported for that card? i had to update my mobo to make the card work 100%.

so what are the specs for ur power supply including the 12v ampeage rating?

Oblivion is a heavy game even for the 7950 and its poss the extra stress has shafted ur psu if it wasnt up to the job.Also what drivers are u using?

i use asus p5n32 sli se delux(core duo capable), 550 w antec, 91.47 drivers. i assume the card is capable with the mobo. It is an nForce4
SLI X16 mobo

ok one thing they recommend for this card is to get the latest bios for ur mobo, im using an MSI platinum AMD one and b4 the new bios release the 7950 wasnt supported properly... so check out the motherboard page. Also do u know the 12v amp level ur psu has? it shud be written on the side of the psu under +12v the 7950 needs at least 27a...

ok i just checked on nvidia website for the card and ur mobo is supported from bios version 0121 upwards so check that out if u can.

u cud also remove mcafee and see if that helps.

Anubis1980 said:
ok one thing they recommend for this card is to get the latest bios for ur mobo, im using an MSI platinum AMD one and b4 the new bios release the 7950 wasnt supported properly... so check out the motherboard page. Also do u know the 12v amp level ur psu has? it shud be written on the side of the psu under +12v the 7950 needs at least 27a...

ok i just checked on nvidia website for the card and ur mobo is supported from bios version 0121 upwards so check that out if u can.

u cud also remove mcafee and see if that helps.

thanks for you help! : )
i dont have an a: drive and i believe you need a diskette in order to update bios. is their any other way to do this? i guess i go to the asus mobo page to find latest bios for my board>?

if u have an AWARD bios u can get winflash for it and that doesnt need to be booted in dos to flash the bios, ive used it a lot and so far no probs. If u dont want to do this, and i also dont have a floppy drive, i use a collection of tools call hirens boot cd.

it writes amongst loads of other nifty tools, a dos program, several in fact to the cd/dvd and u can flash ur bios from one of these. Just boot off the disk and go into dos, easy as that.

And yes u get ur bios off the mobo site.

Back
Top Bottom