Can I install Windows ME

Minimum Requirements for Windows 2000
Computer/Processor 133 MHz or higher Pentium-compatible CPU.
Memory At least 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM; more memory generally improves responsiveness. Supports up to 4GB of RAM.
Hard Disk 2 GB with 650 MB free space.
CPU Support Windows 2000 Professional supports single and dual CPU systems.
Drive CD-ROM or DVD drive.
Display VGA or higher resolution monitor.
Keyboard Required.

go with windows 2000. Windows ME has to be the worst version of windows ever made, too many problems with it and I'm sure a few people on here will agree with me on that too. Windows 2000 is very stable, I never had any issues with it.

DONT use ME its a pile of shite, ya better off sticking with 98 over ME. Like people have said, go for Windows 2000, as its based on NT so its so much more stable.

gangster said:
is windows Me and windows 200 the same or is there a diffrence
Windows ME is Dos dependent. It has DOS prompt, like 98 and 95. It uses the Win9x architecture, and is basically a badly patched Windows 98. It is very unstable. MS ended it earlier than Windows 98.

Windows 2000 is based on the Win NT infrastructure. It is a more independent system that will have support to 16-bit, with Command prompt, compared to a 32-bit support OS.

It's stable, yes. It works like Windows XP, but the themes, icons and color are still from the Windows ME stuff. It won't mean it's unstable.
The best bet is Windows 2000. Windows ME has been ended on Microsoft's site, so it's rather useless that you can't update it, since no updates are on server from now on.
Get Windows 2000.

I used to use Windows ME and it was junk....everything that was said here is true. It's the worst version of windows.

you have mentioned W2K, if you can - please install that!!!
WinME is the biggest pile of dross ever released.

atleast 2 years ago i gave up supporting it for clients. it is a total waste of time and money when things go wrong (as they always do!)

P

ME is easly the worst version of windows ever made. If I were you I would just use 98 or at least upgrade to 98 SE but NOT windows ME. just my .o2

Back
Top Bottom