Computer Color Virus?

Prism Bullet

Beta member
Do any of you know if there is a virus that messes up your computer monitor? Because a couple days ago my computer screen freaked out and turned into rainbowishy colors so I couldn't see what I was looking at :|. It still happens now but only if I hit the desk the computer is on (it doesn't take too much pressure) and when I do the computer screen shakes and sometimes evens makes weird colors all over. Is my computer color box broken or something or is it a virus?

The fact that physical contact with the desk is causing your problem would suggest to me it is more likely to be a loose connection or loose video card. The problem would more than likely a hardware issue than a software/virus issue.

I notice when I poke the screen the colors are disordered but if i poke it again it's fixed. Like what is a video card? is it in the cimputer? or an attachment?

If you don't know what a video card is I very much doubt you will be able to do anything to remedy your problem, I would suggest you take it to a pc repair shop and get them to look at it.

A video card (display adapter) is the hardware that displays images on your monitor.

Ya video card is where the other end of ya monitor cable attaches to ya computer, its inside the pc

Prism Bullet said:
I notice when I poke the screen the colors are disordered but if i poke it again it's fixed. Like what is a video card? is it in the cimputer? or an attachment?

are you talking about an LCD??? there is no CRT taht will change colors if you "poke" the glass of the display screen

I'm computer challenged :|. Anyways it's getting worst now since it'll start doing it randomly. Do I need to take the monitor apart or something to fix the LCD? Or is the LCD like a wire or something.

Prism Bullet said:
I'm computer challenged :|. Anyways it's getting worst now since it'll start doing it randomly. Do I need to take the monitor apart or something to fix the LCD? Or is the LCD like a wire or something.
LCD stands for LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, it is the way the monitor displays images on the screen. Google it if you require a more indepth explanation.

DILLIGAF said:
.... I would suggest you take it to a pc repair shop and get them to look at it.

This advice still stands ..... you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Don't go poking around in something you do not understand or you could make things a lot worse by either destroying your hardware or, worst case scenario, electricuting yourself.

Sorry, but you have no knowledge at all about computer hardware, I know I may sound harsh but it is the best advice I can offer you.

i really doubt you have a virus i mean really who would take the time to make a color moniter virusif it is near a washing machine or microwave then its mag field but sounds to me that the moniter contacts are wearing out, dont worry jus buy a new cord for your moniter.

Back
Top Bottom