Help with removing spyware/adware

TJ6900

Solid State Member
I recently downloaded a .exe file which was very stupid to do I know now, and it unleased a shit load of spyware and adware on my computer, I spent about 2 or 3 weeks slowly taking out what windows defender couldn't get (which was the only running protection program I had running at the time) I finally cleaned out everything from my registry and everywhere else, some of the worst files which I had were: Toolbar888, CMDService, Monnet, Look2Me among others. (though I can't get rid of adware.PSGuard, it says theres an error everytime I try to delete it)

My problem is that there is something I can't trace down with any scanners or manually that keeps downloading Trojan.Sinowal.be from the internet, its taking up some PF Usage but not to bad of an amount, the problem is my internet activity light is constintly blinking even when Im not using it and when Iam using it its running at 2kbps where it use to run at about 200kbps. all the processes in taskmanager look normal except the one called services.exe looks suspicious to me cause it's taking up a fair amount of mem usage and I don't remember seeing it before?!?!?! Also If your going to recomend me any adware removal programs make sure they are 100% free and non of this crap where it shows you whats wrong with your computer and then wants you to buy it before fixing it...

Any help is greatly appreciated, I need the computer back to normal as soon as possible to do recordings and other things....

i dont know a whole lot about spyware/ adware removal, but what i do know is that reformating is the best way to go if possible. that will wipe everything out completely and also make windows run like if your computer was brand new. although this wouldnt be an option if you have loads fo files and programs you need to keep. but if possile i woudl recommend backing up your files and reformatting.

Ya I forgot to mention, I have about 6-8gigabytes of important info I can't lose

try downloading hijack this. You can download it here: http://www.download.com/HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10379544.html?tag=lst-0-1

you can copy and paste the logfile here: http://www.hijackthis.de/

I'm not really that great at reading HiJackThis logs, but some people around here probably are so you could post the log here if you wanted, but it might be awhile before you get a response. I personally use the log analyzer where you copy and paste the link because it tells you what's good and bad based on what users have experienced.

Back
Top Bottom