How do I install 512mb on my computer

gangster

BSOD
Ok I am about to buy 512mb for my computer. How do I install it and how do I suppose to know where to put it. Can someone post me some steps to show me how to install it because I dont want to make a mistake and touch the motherboard. Also can someone please post me a diagram or a picture of the inside of a computer so I can see what the memory looks like so I can take it out and put my new one in. Thanks :confused:

Ok here is my computer specs. My computer is a gateway. Will it be easy to install or hard.

Computer Name: A4M0Q8

Operating System: Windows 98

Language: English

Processer: Intel Pentium III

Memory: 128MB RAM

Page File: 146MB used, 1774MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 6.1a

its simple to install ram when you do it touch the inside of the case or where a anti-static wrist band to be safe

What type of memory stick would I need for my computer could someone post me a link or something. Thanks

go to crucial's website (crucial.com), and just enter what kind of computer you have, and it will tell you the type of RAM you need for it. Then find it at newegg.com,,,,,cheap and fast shipping.

What is the diffrence between DDR2, DDR, SD Ram. Could someone please tell me what is the diffrence between or could I use any one of them. Thanks

gangster said:
What is the diffrence between DDR2, DDR, SD Ram. Could someone please tell me what is the diffrence between or could I use any one of them. Thanks
They are all different types and specific to certain hardware, please go to www.crucial.com to find out what type your computer supports

Since your's is a pentium III I'm guessing it's gonna take PC133 SDRAM

Back
Top Bottom