SLI o.o

BamaFan29891

In Runtime
So what do you guys think...

I am building a new computer, should I go and SLI two cards? Or Crossfire two cards? Or neither?

Thoughts :D

Yeah one good card I would say is the best way to go because you have a little overhead to upgrade to two of them later. Also usually you can get a better performance/cost ratio with one card.

well, what i'm doing i thought was a good way to do it, i'm getting the sli board and such but just getting one really nice video card for the time being. when the prices of the cards come down and the performance is getting a little lacking, i'll slap in another one and have some renewed power. just my .02

Do people agree with xtremezx2 way of doing it?

SLI Sounds better to me, just because it's all almost the same price.

I will look into it more and more I guess.

I personally wouldnt bother with sli, you dont get double the performance but you have to pay double for two cards. xtremez's way of doing it is much better and i would probably do that, but dont get sli straight away.

Usually, for the price of SLI, you can get a single card that would beat the performance of the cheaper 2 put together. I'd go with what xtremezx2 said, that's what I'm doing anyway. But the 7800GT never really dropped in price, so I'm probably just going to get another single card.

For example: 1 7600GT would beat 2 7300GT's. Theoretically, SLI gives double the performance, but really it's not quite that good. Even if you double the stats of the 7300GT, it's not as good as the 7600GT, all things considered. And 2 7300GT's even cost more than the 7600GT. Don't go SLI immediately.

Back
Top Bottom