graphic corruption ?

what is your graphics card? i'm thinking if its too low for oblivion (knowing its stats its a posibility) that you could have over worked it. but i say that only if installing new drivers for video, sound, and motherboard do not work.

Definitely graphics card related I would say on first impulse. It could be drivers like the others have suggested or possibly that the card is just simply failing and that it's time for a new one. There could be a slight chance that it's the monitor so if it is at all possible you might want to try a difference monitor with your setup to see if the problem still occurs. I doubt it's the monitor but you never know with those things. ;)

thanks guys for your help

its a 7950gx,core 2 duo,550 antec,2 gigs...

is it possible to overwork a card if you use it too much and something like this happens but the card isnt messed up just "tired" So if i give it a rest, it will work ok again later? lol

i have an n force asus mobo, where do i get updates for that? p5n32 sli delux

hmm well it's obviously a new card (7950GTX) so it should by no means be acting up already. How long after buying it did this start happening? Make sure you have up to date drivers and test the card with another monitor. If do you these things and still encounter problems i would be looking at sending it back to where you got it and get a new one.

like distortion said, there is no way you could have over-worked your 7950. however, part of the card could be bad. Its been said a few times but you never told us, have you tried updating drivers?

yes i updated my drivers

this started happening 3 days ago. it comes and goes. it seems to happen too often though.

could it be a mobo problem as well?

i dont think its the card cause its been working fine ever since i bought it. i play this game oblivion and after installation of a few mods it started happening yet when i ask the community they tell me its most likely a vid card issue but if you look at the pic it seems liek a texture corruption issue no? the weirdness only effetcs certain textures...

Back
Top Bottom