PSP vs. DS

~NeonFire372~

Golden Master
I don't know whether there is another thread on this or not, there probably is, but I just wanted to start this one so we can have a new discussion on it.

I own both of these systems, and I will post my opinions.

PSP
Pros: Great graphics, great games, able to play music and videos, looks awesome itself, etc. etc. I like the UMD discs. *winks*
Cons: Fingerprints. Ugh. No mario. :p

DS
Pros: Looks pretty good, no fingerprints (=P), has mario games for all of you hardcore mario fans. It also has a touch screen.
Cons: No music, movies, etc. etc. and I like the PSPs screen better.

if i had a choice i would go with the DS just because of the touch screen. but the games are a little dumb

as for PSP on the otherhand the games are cool but its so damn uncomfortable in your hands.

i think some pros of the psp are that its got a big screen and the device is still a small enough size, all the music/photos/internet/ect. you wouldnt expect to find on a handheld, and the ability to run homebrew :D ooo boy ive had some fun with that. and of course the graphics rock. some cons though imo are he umd disks. i think handhelds should stick with cartridges. they load faster and dont get damaged as easily as disc based media. and of course its a fingerprint magnet. something else ive noticed about it is when your left thumb gets sweaty it will become hard to get a good grip on the analog stick. they should also have made 2 analog sticks.

the ds on the otherhand is good because of the creativity. i mean first of all you would expect a system to have 2 screens but on top of that one of them is touchscreen. and once again nintendo has stuck to keeping gaming mainly the only thing to do on the device, for which i admire nintendo. i also like how it uses cartridges. there really are no loading times at all. i dont really like the game choice on the ds as much though. i got bored of it pretty fast unlike psp.

i would prefer psp because in gaming i go for better quality and performance and looks than creativity. but thats just me. the ds is far better for people looking for something different. the psp is better for people lookign for a home console replacement thats portable.

The good thing about UMD disks, though, are the fact that they are in somewhat of a case so it protects them a bit from stratches. But there is the little opening that you can stratch unfortunately.

Why would having a larger screen be a con?

Google Guru said:
The good thing about UMD disks, though, are the fact that they are in somewhat of a case so it protects them a bit from stratches. But there is the little opening that you can stratch unfortunately.

Why would having a larger screen be a con?

o crap i meant for that to say "pros" lol. fixed.

Here's my take:

If you like creativity, you're a hardcore mario fan, and you like games for all ages, races, etc....then the DS is for you.

If you like a copycat of the PS2, only games cut nearly in half, then go with the PSP. No doubt there are some good games on PSP....but 3/4 of them are cut in half.

PSP - An expensive watered-down PS2 with watered-down PS2 games, and thus the controls are awkward. UMD movies (a big attraction to many) are now non-existant, another format failure by Sony. There are better MP3 players on the market. A system that is being beat all over the world by the DS, especially Japan, where the DS sells up to 5 times more on a weekly basis. Oh, and load times. Short battery life. Horrid customer support, especially in the early days with the dead pixel fiasco. 90 warrenty? Give me a break.

DS - Innovative controls. Two screens. Touch screen. Allows for simple, fun, innovative games. Fast load times. Pick-up-and-play attraction. Exactly what you want from a handheld. Only negative thing is the graphics potential, but who needs amazing graphics on a handheld? Leave that for the consoles. Amazing battery life, excellent customer support (dead pixel DSs were fixed for free). 1 year warrenty. Amazing selection of games, including first party Nintendo games. Cheap.

personally i would go for the ds. i like it better plus it dosen't have the unattractive price of $299 cdn :mad: .other than that i would get both

Back
Top Bottom