limited or no connectivity

Chico1904

Solid State Member
i just bulit my computer and setting up my computer and now i come down to install my internet and give me limited or no connectivity signal and will not get passed that i check the bios to see if my onboard lan connection was disabled but it was enable anyone got any ideas

I did abit of reaseach for you, I'm at work so couldnt have a thurer look, maybe this could be of some help.. found off a website :)

1. disable wireless zero's from running on your machine. to do this go to Start>Run> and type "MSCONFIG" select the services tab and scroll all the way to the bottem and uncheck the wireless zero's box. Restart the system and see if it works.

2. MS has a patch that is supposed to address the issue, but a search off of their site will get you to it.

3. Delete and reset up your network. By this I mean on all of your computers, new SSID assigned and DO NOT choose any wireless security. The disable the windows firewall and any thrid party fiirewall ( no worries, they can be turned on afterwards and your router is still running it's firewall). Bring everything back up (less setting up WEP or WPA) and your should be able to get online. Downside no WPA or WEP security.

Try unplugging your router for a few seconds to let it reset then plugging it back in.

yeah, the limited or no connectivity thing happened when I tried hooking computer to router and xbox to computer.

I still dont know what was wrong but the only way around it for me was

Make sure the ethy cable is hooked up into you First video card, the one the computer came with

you probably dont even have 2 but just incase...

first video card ??? ^^^

try a different ethernet cable to see if the cable is just shot, it does happen.

I meant the card the computer came with
LOL not video, NIC :p
yeah, I did get a new cable too.. but they both work...

Back
Top Bottom