Windows Vista RC2 Released!

I would assume it had extra bug fixes and any security issues resolved. From what I have heard, it is meant to perform somewhat better also, but I haven't tried RC1 so I couldn't say.

Jamie.

Businesses will have full Windows Vista final version in November (next month) while all other consumers like us will be able to get the final full version in January of 2007. Just two more months and we won't have to deal with RCs.

I'm downloading it right now, but it's the RC1 version. I finally got the confirmation email from Microsoft with the product key on there so it should be good to go once it's downloaded. I got the 64-bit version of VIsta so it's got to be an improvement, if I can find the drivers for it.

TRDCorolla said:
Businesses will have full Windows Vista final version in November (next month) while all other consumers like us will be able to get the final full version in January of 2007. Just two more months and we won't have to deal with RCs.

I'm downloading it right now, but it's the RC1 version. I finally got the confirmation email from Microsoft with the product key on there so it should be good to go once it's downloaded. I got the 64-bit version of VIsta so it's got to be an improvement, if I can find the drivers for it.
The full version is the one I want to try. If it locks up, then I'm screwed.

I still haven't installed Vista yet, lol. I'm too chicken to do it. Well not really. I have a spare hard drive to run it on. I just don't have time to make sure I have all the 64-bit drivers (since the version I have is 64-bit) and it will be installed on my laptop. So I have to take the new drive out and put in the old drive to run the ISO. But wait, I haven't even gone that far yet. I still have the ISO file on my desktop hard drive, lol. Don't have any DVDs to burn it on. By the time I get around to it, the full retail version will already be out, hehe.

TRDCorolla said:

I bet it gets leaked before the scheduled release date... January 2007.

I just ordered RC1 and now I want RC2, I cant download it with dial-up. Has anyone tried it? Is the 64 bit edition faster? Or is it better quality image?

Back
Top Bottom