Crysis Whats it Gonna Take to Make it Run like It Did at E3?

Drain You

In Runtime
E3 wasnt running on any Dx10 Cards so I think some of us have a chance to run it decently with what we got. What do you think about this?

2 7600gt's SLI
2gb Corsair Ram
M2n4 SLi motherboard
AMd Athlon 64 3800+ Dual Core

Minimum Requirements
CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements
CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

Crysis is a very demanding game if you want it to run at top-notch. However, the minimum requirements aren't too bad, mostly because CryENGINE 2 can be pretty flexible.

goddamn looks like the gaming world is going to force me to do some upgrading with my computer (that is because i like to run games on full settings)

Distortion88 said:
goddamn looks like the gaming world is going to force me to do some upgrading with my computer (that is because i like to run games on full settings)
Yeah I know. I got the same stuff as you expect I got a 6800gt. I was thinking of upgrading around christmas.

VirtualDrone said:
Yeah I know. I got the same stuff as you expect I got a 6800gt. I was thinking of upgrading around christmas.

yeah i'd like at least a dual core CPU and a new graphics card like a 7600GS or better.

VirtualDrone said:
Wow look at the recommened requirements. Thats crazy. I have never heard of this Crysis game. Is it fun?

well kind hard to say since it's not out yet, but atleast it looks awesome.

I'm so glad Crytek is giving the user some flexibility. If you don't have DirectX 10, don't worry. Crysis will still play with good visuals even with DirectX 9.0, but it won't be at it's best. ;) If you get a DirectX 10 video card and have Windows Vista, you can just go to the in-game menu and at the click of the mouse, switch from DirectX 9.0 mode to DirectX 10 and enjoy improved graphics. It's that easy. :D

Of course, Crytek's poor choice of using EA as the publisher...can't say much about that. :( Ubisoft is far better.

Back
Top Bottom