Which processor to get?

cnl83

Baseband Member
Company is buying me a puter to develop graphics and animation. WHICH PROCESSOR IS THE MACK DADDY RIGHT NOW?! :D

Intel Core Duo series. The Core 2 Duo is the latest and anything from the E6600 and up are good. Quad cores are coming out very soon, so that will be exciting.

cnl83 said:
Company is buying me a puter to develop graphics and animation. WHICH PROCESSOR IS THE MACK DADDY RIGHT NOW?! :D
X6800 Core2Duo

Link 1

Link 2

:D

c2dspikl0.jpg

Credits: Picture taken from the TweakTown Review (Link 2)

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Take a look at the review in this thread - LINK

Now that's top dog from release.

"wonders where all the AMD fan boys are crying"

:D

I too am getting a new processor, but I'm fairly new when it comes to picking out the actual processor and mobo. I have the option of getting a 6300 Core2 Duo -- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819115005 with a comparable mobo for around 220. A friend got a deal through bestbuy and so he's reselling it to me. What I want to know is whether that is a good deal, not based on price, but quality...or should I go with AMD? I mostly game, write papers for college and do some video/music editing. I am currently running a 2.8ghz P4 with 1.5 gigs of ram, and still having slowdown during some multi-tasking.

hascet said:
I just installed three since they came out,What you are looking at is,Core 2 speed going back to D series heat,there is no change in speed compared to the regular core 2's.these run hot.so less advantage for over clocking high.if you want extreme speed and oc happy ,Stay with the regular core 2 processors.e63,e64,66,e67,Oh I forgot to add so people know,That the core 2's run much faster in some programs,and gaming can lead to an other speed issue.

Back
Top Bottom