Bf 2142

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
EA finally decided to open the 2142 demo to the public

heres the demo

it might be a little slow but you can google it and download somewhere else.

to tell you the truth, 2142 blows ass. i don't like it. too much stuff that is going on during the game. doesnt make sense to me at all :confused:

the one thing i did like was the tank lense can zoom in and thats about it lol.

btw, if there is a thread on this already mods close it. i haven't been here for 4 days :p

stupid game doesnt work with radeon 9250. lazy b*****ds don't wanna fix the exact same problem that was in battlefield 2.
EDIT

I, on the other hand, can't wait for it to come out.

Can you say "Battlefield 2 for $19.99?" Haha.
Good for people that haven't bought it yet.

Screw Battlefield 2142. My tour of the Battlefield series is over. I'm going Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. id Software/Splash Damage and Activision are way better than EA ever was.

Its actually been out for a while, but i think its fun as hell! Im def gunna buy it. CANT WAIT!

Battlefield 2142 is a game that focuses on the unskillful n00bs and nothing else. I played the demo and right from the start i realized that there was little or no skill to operate any of the vehicles (mainly the aircraft was my largest center of disappointment). It was just chaos with people shooting and explosions going off everywhere. No one appeared to be playing with some sort of organization. In fact I think i was team killed several times in every game I played. It was almost a free for all. Now I understand that on some team servers that there may be some more organization but it seemed overkill of overall n00bness anywhere i went.
Another complaint: The guns have such poor accuracy that it seems near impossible to kill someone without emptying an entire clip or more. Shouldn't futuristic weapons be a little better than that?
I honestly don't have anything good to say about the game. All that it does it capitalize on the average gamer who wants to just go in and start killing without needing any real development of skill and I guess that's good for some. And on a further note (keeping that point in mind) those who will play regularly and unlock the new weapons (which from what i understand are suppose to allow the player to create the ultimate, nearly unstoppable setup) will completely own anybody who's just starting. I mean in BF2 it seemed the unlockable weapons weren't that much better than a lot of the basic weapons (at least to the point that it never provided a major side advantage). IDK, from what I can tell there aren't going to be a lot of dedicated players like there are in the BF2 community. All the same bugs exist in BF2142 because it runs on the same engine as BF2 so even if you can get past how retarded the game is you still don't have the peace of mind of a bugless uninteruptable gaming experience.

Final word on EA/Dice = FAIL

allenn812 said:
Its actually been out for a while, but i think its fun as hell! Im def gunna buy it. CANT WAIT!

well i guess it's nice to see that someone enjoys it

Yeah it's been out for about a week or so. But IMO it was pretty boring, played like 10-20 mins and then deleted it.

Haha, I'm glad I didn't waste my time and bandwidth downloading the demo. :D Good choice indeed.

alvino said:
Screw Battlefield 2142. My tour of the Battlefield series is over. I'm going Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. id Software/Splash Damage and Activision are way better than EA ever was.
agreed. I'll probably upgrade my PC for that game and UT07.

Back
Top Bottom