help me write a (sort of) resume

borat_sagdiyev

Golden Master
Im just compiling a list of things that i know how to do, because i was gunna ask the local computer store if they would let me work there. Please add some stuff if you think i know some stuff thats not on the list.

Removing viruses/adware/spyware
-using safe mode
-anti viruses
-deleting files in registry
-forcing the deletion of files

Networking
-setting up routers and wireless network cards
-networking windows and Mac
-file sharing
-printer sharing

Hardware
-building computers
-replacing components
-troubleshooting components
-naming components (Motherboard, Processor, RAM, Video card, sound card, Hard drive, cd-rom/dvd-rom)
-I know how to safely handle components of a computer and to always wear an anti-static wristband
-I am knowledgeable in component selection and I suggest good computer parts to people from trustworthy companies and I know which parts are better than others and stuff.
-working with BIOS

Windows
-Installing, formatting,
-tweaking
-registry
-fixing problems
-installing software/drivers
-troubleshooting
-I know my way around REALLY well
-checking hardware through software
-using different software to accomplish many tasks
-networking
-using CMD
-I know many shortcuts to things and I know many commands and stuff.
-many other things I can't remember

Mac os
-familiar and able to work with OS X
-tweaking
-networking
-using terminal
-installing software
-using different software to accomplish many tasks

Internet
-I browse the Internet safely, using Firefox, haven't used an antivirus in over 6 months, never had viruses/spyware
-I recommend people use Firefox
-I know how to find safe drivers and downloads

Experiences:

I have built a few computers for friends, including rebuilding a computer that my friend's dad took apart. I troubleshoot Windows and Hardware problems with computers all the time, I've had Mac OS X on my PC for a while now, and that's where I learned Mac. The most challenging thing I had to troubleshoot was a PC my friend found in the garbage and it was a 1.4ghz AMD Athlon XP 1900+ if I remember correctly and it wouldn't boot Windows, so I decided to reformat. Upon failing to read the Windows Cd properly while copying files, I tried 3 other Windows CD's. Did not work. Tried 3 cd drives, 4 hard drives, different IDE cables, and even checked if it was overheating or something. STILL DIDN'T WORK. So finally before giving up, I figured that the power supply was not giving a steady supply of energy or something, and the computer was crashing. So I went to get another 400 watt power supply, and low and behold, IT WORKED. But only with a 15gb hard drive I had and Windows XP SP1 and FAT32.

I go to a site a lot called computerforums.org, and I talk to a lot of people there. If you have any doubts about what I wrote here, then you can sign up and even ask them there and they will all back it up.

Whenever my friends have computer problems, or simply have no clue what happened, I always help them out and I always leave them satisfied.

Looks good already.

Take out the " -many things I can't remember " under Windows...IMO.

and i know it was a member who was here longer cuz it was actually red and not grey. prick didnt leave a comment either.

Back
Top Bottom