Free CS

If you check Steam there is now an option to install "Counter Strike Source Beta". It only has one map, dust. Steam did this to allow people to play in cyber-cafes or something.

Well if you let it update, then it's fine. If you ask me, Steam is very nice. It's handy also. If I want to play Day of Defeat: Source on my friends computer, but they only have Counter-Strike Source, I can just login to my account and load Day of Defeat: Source and play. :D

Great distrobution software. It's also great for small and unknown developers to share and inform others of their game.

Lac3y said:
If you check Steam there is now an option to install "Counter Strike Source Beta". It only has one map, dust. Steam did this to allow people to play in cyber-cafes or something.

It's basically Counter-Strike Source but with this new thing called "Dynamic Pricing." What it does is it calculates prices according to how many people buy it at any time. So if the server is full of AWP'ers, expect to find the AWP at a high price. It's pretty interesting, really. Sometimes they have "Deals of the Week" and stuff like that. :p

I already played Half-Life 2 and beat it a long time ago, but that was when I played it without Steam. So I went out to buy Counter-Strike Source and it was a 3-Pack. It comes with Counter-Strike Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch. The best part is that the whole thing cost $29.99. :D

Yeah, I got CS:S HL:S, HL2, HL2 Deathmatch, HL2 Lost Coast, and HL1 Deathmatch for $40 at Wal-Mart I think. I'm like 1/4 through with HL2 and I'm amazed at how excellent the graphics are for such an old game. It can even bog down my computer if it's not overclocked very high.

And I just got my dedicated server to work, so if anyone plays CS:S you can add me as a friend, me and THEpiGUY are trying to get some online games set up and we're looking for more players. PM me for my account. We need to do a CF CS:S game night this coming weekend or something.

Back
Top Bottom