Can't install sound.

NateCohen

Baseband Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't think of anything. This is really frustrating the hell out of me. Anyway I installed a clean version of Windows XP Professional. For sound reason I installed all the hardware, but the sound will no install. There's a yellow question mark that says PCI Device which I'm pretty sure is the audio device. I always try to search for new hardware and it doesn't find anything. Then when I try to install the Setup.exe file from my SW folder or whatever it gives me a error saying it can't find the AUDIO device or something. Can someone please help me install my sound this is really agravating me.

are you using onboard sound, or is it an actual sound card?

if its a true sound card, did you try to install drivers off teh CD that came with it?

I'm not sure. But I tried to use the drivers that came with the comptuer but it just didn't work.

Look at my second post it's right in there.

This is the error I get when trying to install the setup.exe file. By the way I have a HP Pavilion Dv6000. I tried installing the software on the HP site which also didn't work.

HP Pavilion Dv6000.

thats odd.. it's obviously being detected by windows since it shows up on the device manager.. are you using the same windows cd that came with the laptop?

Hell no the Windows that came with my computer is only restore CD. I'm not using that. But it shouldn't matter what version of Windows I'm using.

Back
Top Bottom