openGL for ati radeon 9800 pro

thesinter

Baseband Member
well i have this computer that has a ati readeon 9800 pro and i am looking for a driver that will give it openGL, i have check ati's site and came up with nothing. so does any know of were i can find the latest driver?

Tough luck because there aren't any. I think all nowdays card doesn't support OpenGL.

I can think of 2 programs that use open GL; 3dmark (im sure), CS 1.6 (For sure it uses D3D or open GL)

thesinter said:
well i have this computer that has a ati readeon 9800 pro and i am looking for a driver that will give it openGL, i have check ati's site and came up with nothing. so does any know of were i can find the latest driver?

Check ATI's Website. If you want to try getting more frames out of the card, try Warcat 6.9 that Supports ATI 9550 To X1950XT

http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=158&Itemid=41

ok i was affraid to buy some games for this computer because it wouldn't with call of duty, but i guess it is just older games, well thats a relief.

thesinter said:
ok i was affraid to buy some games for this computer because it wouldn't with call of duty, but i guess it is just older games, well thats a relief.
your 9800 should play it fine

lhuser said:
I thought OpenGL was Gold era times! :eek:
Nope, some games use Open GL. When I play Css, it seams to use Video card ram than System ram. I have 512MB (Vram) and sometimes free space left is 101Mb's left :eek:

Back
Top Bottom