Headset Mic wont work!!!!!!!!!!

tomirlik

In Runtime
I can't figure out why my Mic wont work on my computer. The computer is freshley built, but I plug the mic into soundcard and it wont work (sound does work though, just not mic). I have checked the volumes and muting and its all as it should, but when I open the windows sound recorder and try to talk into the mic it wont pick anything up. My old computer was able to use it fine, so why can't this one do the same? Thanks in advance.

BTW, I already checked where cables are located and sound settings, but mic still won't work.

Thanks in advance.

Umm, what drivers are we talking here?
If it helps, I have a Sigmatel High Definition Audio CODEC.

try this...click start / control panel / sound speech and audio / sound and audio at the bottom / check if there is a checkmark in the mute box, if no then..

click the voice tab/ at the bottom will be a test hardware button...try it.

Yes, there are 2 cables, 1 green and 1 pink. I plugged both in correctly im sure, the pink for mic and green for sound. I know cause sound is working fine, just mic isnt.

I also checked for mute, and it was unchecked. The test hardware thing did not register any voice, so my problem remains sigh.

Sigma Tel Audio haha that makes me laugh..you know y?!

Because me and my cousin just had that same exact problem w. his!!!!! You have to buy another sound card and it will work IDK y but that is what we did sry to tell you but..

I won't accept that. Every computer can use a damn headset im sure of it. Can anyone tell me how to fix my problem on MY comp, not in "if i had this..." situation please. ty

Have ya checked device manager to make sure ALL audio drivers are working? Any with yellow triangle or red circle need sorting

Back
Top Bottom