Come in here guys, Chimaera Needs help!

i have a 4200 x2 running at 2.475 and am very happy with it. only thing holding my oc back is my ram. soo id def get the AMD cpu now. However i did noticed when i was lookin that the 4200 was much cheaper than the 4400, that still the case? only diff between 2 is the cache, all tests i have done on everest etc, mine pawns the 4600 even, this is after the oc.

what do u mean by the divider?

its kingston value ram, running at 440. when i lower the speed to 333 i can then oc it much higher but even with an extra say 150mhz on the cpu the scores in benchmarks and games r much much lower as the memory is slower, so i got it set to the best it can go now with the ram i have.

That shouldnt be the problem as RAM isnt as important on the A64 because of the integrated memory controller. Run the RAM slower than the HTT speed, something like 4:5 (RAM:HTT). There should be options like DDR200, DDR266, DDR333, DDR400, etc.

yeah, use that divider, there should be a very minimal performance hit but you get more clock speed out of it.

thanx, but ive tried this, and i slows it all down a lot, benchmarks get lots less, games r slower etc. thanks for the reply tho.

Back
Top Bottom