Windows Installer Problem

akasixcon

This is sparta!
Summarized Problem
-I Cannot use Windows INstaller
-I cannot install any software
-I lost my Windows XP Professional Installation disc/serial
-How do I know what my serial is for my current computer?

Possible Solutions if above cannot be fixed
-Download a free OS
-Download Windows XP and Put my serial key on that

Full Problem
I've been tinkering around my system and trying to optimize it by deleting files. I've managed to free up 10 gb of space doing this. ALthough the downside is that when I finally decided to take a break, I downloaded the new version of QuickTime 7.1.3 and it gave me the error making me unable to install it.

So I did what first thing came into my mind, I opened up System Restore and restored my system a month ago. I reinstalled the software then I was happy that it got pass the point where I was stuck at last time. Then something unfortunate happened, it says "Another installer is runnning, please close that before opening this up again".

Either way, the ending is that I'm not able to install any software. Any help on this one? I can't even download any registry-fix softwares online because I CANNOT install any software, PERIOD.

How may I able to fix this problem?

If worst comes to worst I might have to reformat my computer, but unfortunately my Windows XP Professional Disc is long gone buried beneath the rubbles of my garage. ANd trust me I'd rather use a free OS or something that going through those rubbles.

Or I could always download it and reinstall it from there, though however I need to know how I can find my serial number on my own computer.

Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom