Problem viewing any video file

krag3r

Beta member
Computer is freshly formatted, I updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and installed the latest K-lite codec pack. When I try and view a video in any program, the computer slows down incredibly, almost to the point of freezing and the video fails to load (in media player it still says connecting). I updated to the latest WMP and still no luck. I have been told there may be a windows fix for this, but I have failed to find it as of yet. Any ideas?

Uninstall, reinstall it. Also don't change anything in installation. My dad had a simliar problem fixed by reinstalling without touching anything.

I have tried ACES codecs and K-lite, both with the same result. I have uninstalled them both and installed the Xvid codec only (for an Xvid avi) the same thing still happens. Currently, there are no codecs installed on my pc, and windows media player seems to read the file fine without locking (unable to view the video as it requires codecs) but locks when any codec is installed :S

When ya installed ace codec pack, did ya try playing ya video with media player classic? Also have ya checked device manager to make sure all ya drivers are installed and everything is working correctly. Have ya been to microsoft website and installed all latest updates?

Back
Top Bottom