Vcard performance

7600GT all the way. Also your PSU is way more powerfull for the 7600GT. I think you can even run a 7900GT on that PSU with that system and it will run fine :D

im just a n00b trying to find my way through the computer world trying to figure out what things mean. When I got the turbocache, i could only get something about 60$, the turbocache part of it sounded good.

Taylor said:
im just a n00b trying to find my way through the computer world trying to figure out what things mean. When I got the turbocache, i could only get something about 60$, the turbocache part of it sounded good.
No when you hear somthing like that you run away from it. Turbocache does your "System ram" meaning PQI 1024MB Dual Channel DDR2 PC5400 667MHz (2x512) ram that you have and depending on the card it will take about 128MB's or even more :eek: . Some cards has 32MB Onboard and take 192MB out of your system ram to run. When you see a card with Turbocache dont get it

7600GT is great! I have one =P. I'm using a 430w PSU so yours should be able to take it fine.

What about the new video cards that are supposed to be coming out for DX 10? Can i get a decent one for about the same price? Or are they gonna be really expensive? Would it be smarter to wait for a DX10 card or go ahead and get the 7600GT?

Taylor said:
What about the new video cards that are supposed to be coming out for DX 10? Can i get a decent one for about the same price? Or are they gonna be really expensive? Would it be smarter to wait for a DX10 card or go ahead and get the 7600GT?

they will probably be pretty expensive when released. Of course the price will go down as new products are released, but if u are looking for something for about $150 I don't think that u can get a dx10 card in a while. And the 7600GT would be really good, I have a 6800GT (they are about equal in performance) and it's just awesome.

Taylor said:
ha, 8800GT is going to take about 250+ watts just to run 1 Card. Dx10 is going to come out this year or next year its close. None of us know when DX10 decent card is going to come out. I would just get the 7600GT for now DX10 is going to come out but before "games use the full usage of it" Dx9 cards are going to be the best

X1337 said:
ha, 8800GT is going to take about 250+ watts just to run 1 Card. Dx10 is going to come out this year or next year its close. None of us know when DX10 decent card is going to come out. I would just get the 7600GT for now DX10 is going to come out but before "games use the full usage of it" Dx9 cards are going to be the best

well Vista will be released in the end of January and I'd say that right after that dx10 games will be coming out. And in any dx10 game a dx10 card is gonna own hard, dx9 cards just ain't capable of enabling all of the visual settings.

Back
Top Bottom